Goodbye locks!

As many of you know with chemotherapy one of the side effects is hair loss. This can be a traumatic experience for anyone going through cancer treatment be it a man, woman or a child. A few days ago I noticed that my hair has started to come out so I decided to take control and say farewell to my lovely locks!

I took a trip up to Central London with my lovely mum and Aunt who I have got to say a MASSIVE thank you to for their support and making the most out of what could have been potentially horrid situation. We visited 'Bloomsbury of London' an amazing wig and hair loss replacement company named who create fabulous human hair wigs for Chemotherapy patients and hair loss sufferers. This is just one of the amazing companies who can help restore confidence and self esteem for so many people suffering from cancer. 



When we arrived we was greeted my a friendly lady named Abigail who made us feel really welcome. She guided us to our own room and offered us some lovely refreshments before we got started. Abigail presented me with some real hair wigs which admittedly seemed really strange at first as they looked so incredibly real!

The wigs are made from real human hair so you can style just like your own hair with curlers, straighteners etc.. At Bloomsbury they also colour, cut and style the wig to your own particular taste which is great because you can choose something as close to your hair before or go crazy and choose a completely new hairstyle which suits you even better! 

Wig Sample!


It was finally time to cut my hair! I decided to donate my hair to the company so it could be used to make wigs for other hair cancer/hair loss sufferers. I highly recommend doing this as it did make the situation a lot easier knowing I could give something back.

Goodbye hair!


My hair was tied into a bunch of knots and was chopped off one by one! Admittedly I did find it a little liberating (definitely a Britney Spears moment) I felt huge sense of relief as I no longer had to witness long strands of hair being left everywhere! After having it chopped I decided on short pixie cut so I could give myself an idea of what it would look like when it grew back after my treatment.

Hello pixie cut! (and chubby cheeks - thanks steroids!) 


I want to say a special thank you to my wonderful Nan and Grandad for making this possible for me and to the staff at Bloomsbury for making me comfortable and giving me my confidence back! :-) 

    




Comments